Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally hooked back up.....and in.






Finally have some internet connection at the apartment. So, I thought I would update the growing fan base on the progress of......well, there is no progress or fan base, I just moved and that's that. Having the internet at home is like finally being complete again. However, (knock on wood, pray to allah, say 9 scabillion hail mary's) I just got done fighting some stupid mother trucker virus/trojan dealie that imbedded itself into my computer. I am still pissed about it. I don't know for sure if it's gone, but we'll hope and hope and hope.........and hope. But yeah, I have the 'net at home now. Having the internet at work just doesn't cut it. I feel "the man" just watching me, even though I probably could post a blog at work......it's just not the same. That, and I work in a cubicle world now, where everyone and everyone's mother can see/hear/smell what you're doing. That sucks. There is only one glitch still and that's the fact that the internet is hardwired and I'm not roaming with my wireless connection. I have the best of the best on the issue though. There's nothing like checking email and surfing the net while taking a doo doo....it's just a priveledge I have become accustomed to and I want it back. whine, whine, whine.......I know.

Anyways, I'm out in Denver (south suburb of) and beginning to transition into work smoothly. I still know NO ONE outside of work, but that'll come with some time. I'm not worried. Plus, I have been keeping decent contact with friends back in Louisville, but I need to do a better job of it. I totally expected the drive out to be an interesting adventure, but it was extremely boring. I just decided to drive until I got tired or bored and, I never got tired, or bored.....until about 2 in the morning. At that time, I was officially in the middle of NOWHERE. So, I slept at a rest stop for a few hours and then drove the rest of the way. I think the most interesting thing that happened was that I took out (read: DESTROYED!!!!! OBLITERATED!) 3 tumbleweeds that dared to enter my path on the highway. Official score ME: 3 Tumbleweeds:0. I'm batting a thousand with those suckers! But, other than that, nothing, nada. 70 is an extremely boring highway, much like 80. Gotta love the midwest. In fact, I do have some weird appreciation for the flat, nothingness that is the Midwest. It's pretty unrelenting but it's where America is America. I know that's hard to explain, so I won't try to explain it. It's just kinda cool. (picture below of pure nothingness.......kinda eerie, kinda cool)

So, the drive was boring. The apartment is alright. I'm in the middle of suburbia USA! I love it, and so should you! I think I need a large SUV and 4 kids and I'd fit in. Right now, I don't. The good thing is that the apartment complex where I live is young people and divorcees/older single people. Mix in some young couples and single mothers and that's where I live. It's FANtastic!

Other than the typical things most people do when they move into a new place and into a new town, I haven't done much. I have gotten back in touch with my DVD's as cable just arrived today. ESPN, what's that? It's nice to have the connection back, but I enjoyed the movies and the catching up on the reading. I miss Louisville and my friends and connections back there. I hope I don't lose contact with my friends, but sometimes that happens when you move. We'll see. I've been a pathetic schmuck always looking at the Blackberry because in the last couple weeks, that phone had become my first source for internet, games, just overall entertainment. It's a niftly little bugger. I think I'm going to ask it to go steady with me and wear my Vasrity letter jacket.
So, I'm a boring man. What can I say? This is a boring entry. However, (knock on wood, pray to Allah, God, Buddha, say 9 trillion hail mary's) the Spy sweeper and Norton Anti Virus haven't popped up to "quarantine a potential virus." That's a good thing.


I have nothing else to say today....so I'm off. My Blackberry wants a snack and it's cuddle time.

1 comment:

Aud said...

I know exactly what feeling you're talking about when you're driving in the midwest. "It's why America is America" is totally true.
Texas reminded me of the old Western movies. Dust everywhere, old bars and you could blink and be through the next town.